Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Trovata

I think Trovata's casual wear was the prettiest we saw this season. Their clothes are entirely wearable, with great attention to detail.

How much do I love big buttons? They seem to make any good basics better.



The collection drew somewhat heavily on last season's trends (but only the trends I liked, so it was fine with me). First there's a shirtdress, which still seems very clean and a great basic. Next we have a couple examples of the high belt that was so popular for S/S 2006. While this may be getting a little played out, it is still extremely flattering and may therefore have some staying power. (I, for one, love it.)




More great basics. Still borrowing heavily from last season's trends (e.g. nautical), but with some great personality unique to this label.



I would definitely wear these pieces now and think I'll still love them several months from now. I think Trovata, as a new label, still lacks the confidence to break totally new ground, but these clothes are great and fun and wearable. Just for their take on these old ideas this is one of my favorite collections for spring, and I'm excited to see where they take the label next.

No comments: