Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Chloe

This season I think Chloe did a good job of creating a collection that is both wearable and fashion-forward. Last season's clothes seemed too much like they had been vetted by focus groups, but--in contrast--these have a nice dose of personality. The shapes are some of the same we've been seeing from Chloe lately, but the volume is taken down a notch to a more flattering level.

The collection included quite a few good basics like these below. I especially liked the jumper with the blue blouse, because I can't get enough of the jumper-layering trend.



I love the mustard and brown colors used here. They're so 70s, but with the Chloe shapes they seem very rich and modern.



My favorite pieces were these embellished ones. The second dress especially looked like it was straight out of a Gustav Klimt painting. I can't quite tell what's going on in the front of the first dress, but it looks like it has some dimensionality to it, which is very cool.

No comments: